BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Blogger Templates »

Monday, February 18, 2013

My first snow

I'm going to try to update everyone quickly so it's not boring. Let me start with I am currently living in North Carolina working on a pipeline. I miss my family and friends dearly but really have loved this time away from everything. I am mostly going to write on this blog for the family so they can keep up with whats going on in my every day life.

I experienced my first REAL snow Saturday after work. It has snowed here a few times but never sticks to the ground. Well Saturday when I got home from work the wind was blowing so hard that the window was whistling in my hotel room. After a little bit I was kind of getting spooked because normally howling wind where I am from means tornado or something bad. So I ease over to the window and there is quarter size fluffy white things flying around outside and the ground is getting white. I just stood there for a minute until it sunk in.

Out loud as if someone could hear me I some what yell..."SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! It's actually snowing out there! " Then I'm running around the hotel room looking for a big jacket, found it! As I am about to dart out of the door reality sinks in.... wait a minute its a little hard to see out there, maybe I should ask Mom since she knows stuff about snow. Mom gave me the okay and said just make sure the building doesn't get out of sight. Okay its on like Donkey Kong now! So I call up the troops(fellow coworkers that live in the same hotel as I), and yell in the phone each time "Its snowing outside! Get your jackets, slide your boots on and meet me at the side door!!". So we all head outside to play in the snow as if we are all 5 year old kids with no cares in the world. I had a BLAST! I made my first snowman, had an awesome snowball fight, slid down a hill, and even ate some snow. HAHA!

The fun was over when my butt, feet, hands and nose starting going numb. So I headed in to the room and made some hot chocolate, took a bubble bath and then snuggled up on bed and watched TV. It was perfect except the whole time I was so wishing my brother was there so I could hit him with a snowball and that my parents where there to laugh at us. Plus snow is great and all but I still prefer my Florida sunshine. HEHE! I took some pictures so y'all could see a little bit of my fun. :)

 

1 comments:

Tonya Driggers said...

Where's Mr. Snowman? I like that pic. :)