BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Blogger Templates »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The adventures of Dad and the Yota

So if you don't know already. I have a red 4wd Toyota pickup. It is old but I love it almost more than hunting. It is my pride and joy. I started babysitting a lot when I was 12, and all the money I made I would put in my account so that someday I could buy a car. At first I wanted an eclipse, but as times went on I started lovin the way them pickups looked. So at the age of 16 I had my own truck bought out right with my own money. I was so proud of that and still am.
Now ever since I have bought this love of mine, there has always been something to fix. It's the tires, wheels, oil leak, CV axle bushings, bearings, rear differential, idling problems, battery.....the list is never ending it seems, but I have hope for it yet. The only thing that keeps my spirits high is my dad.
My dad is always putting his spare time in it. When I start to get down in the dumps about it my dad is always there to remind me of the possibilities it holds. If it wasn't for this man I wouldn't have a running vehicle that I cherish so much. He always goes above and beyond to get my truck back on the road as soon as possible.
Although I don't know that much about trucks, I always try to help my dad even if I just sit there and ask him questions about the truck. I know I'm no help but I love watching the man I love so much work on something so complicated and whistle while he does it, like its nothing. I often wonder if he ever gets tired of me always asking him about my truck, but then I think about it, and I feel like it is a common ground that we share. I always glow when my dad gets just as excited as me when we talk about my truck.
I love how upset he will get at my truck and start asking it why it has to be so complicated. I feel like they must argue with each other while I'm gone. :) Maybe someday I will be able to teach my dad something new, since he is all the time teaching me things to help me in life. I love him and look up to him. I never want to lose him, or move to far from him(he would take it hard). :) My mom says we act a lot alike, and if that's the case I am proud. I wish all kids could look up to there parents like I do. There is nothing like having superman and superwoman as your parents. :) And as for the Toyota, I will blog more about it later. Maybe even get some pics for ya.

0 comments: