BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Blogger Templates »

Friday, October 30, 2009

Freak Nasty

About a month ago I was ridin in the woods and out of no where horns shot across the road. I aint never seen a deer that big in my life. It looked like a horse with a set of horns on its head that didnt quit. I got up there where it crossed and got out and looked at its tracks. Those things looked like elk tracks, not that I've ever seen any but I bet they are big.

So from that day forward I had buck fever and walked all over the place trying to figure out what this deer was feedin on and where he bedded down. Bein the pro stalker that I am, I found exactly what he was eating on. I found 4 huge white oaks that were droppin acorns left and right, and on top of that I found 3 persimmon trees. I knew I had hit the jack pot. I walked down a fire break that looked like a deer highway, and found a creek. Yep it was over for ole freak nasty.

Well the opening day I sat in the perfect spot, and just knew I would at least see him. Little did I know that I would be swinging back and forth all morning in my climber. The wind was ridiculous, and I knew a deer like that didnt get big for no reason. He was way to smart to come out in that noisy wind. So I climbed down with my hopes still high for the afternoon hunt.

So I went home and took a cat nap, grabbed some food and my all time fav drink Dr. Pepper and headed out the door. When I got down there my hopes would soon be shattered. As I was gettin pumped up listening to some Colt Ford, I noticed that some tire tracks were over the top of mine. As I got in there I seen two trucks, and my afternoon hunt was ruined. I found another spot and sat but still was pretty let down.

I went up in my road the next day just to look around to see where they were sitting, and just as I suspected they were sitting all in the wrong spot. Stupid city slickers! They werent anywhere close to where they should be and they parked there trucks like 150 yards away from there stands. IDIOTS!!! Yeah they really did me in. They had messed up what I had worked so hard for.

My hopes are still high, and I have out smarted them city slickers and got an even better place now. It's just a matter of waitin for ole freak nasty! Maybe the next time I write I will be tellin you all about me killin ole freak nasty. Until then yall keep it country!

1 comments:

Tonya Driggers said...

Good luck on gettin that big ol' Freak Nasty! Hope he's all your hoping for. Love ya!